Topics covered in this article:
The Vatican Museums
There are a number of things that can't be taken inside the museums:
- Food and drinks (that you wish to keep) must be left in the cloakroom before entering the museums, and any food or drinks left at the end of the day will be thrown out
- Bags, backpacks, and umbrellas larger than 40 x 35 x 15cm, or that stick out more than 15cm at their largest point, must be deposited in the cloakroom
- Knives, scissors, or any tools that could damage the art inside the museums must be deposited in the cloakroom
- Firearms of any kind are not allowed in the Museums, and cannot be deposited in the cloakroom
For more information about the Metal Detectors & Storage Units in the Vatican, please visit the link.
The Colosseum/Roman Forum
Screening of bags is mandatory at the site entrance
- Bulky camping backpacks, suitcases, or trolleys are prohibited
- Average sized backpacks and bags are subject to screening and search via metal detectors, x-ray, or agent inspection
- Water bottles and other drinks are prohibited within the Colosseum
For more information about the Metal Detectors & Storage Units in the Colosseum, please visit the link.